account information from a Palm PDA to a
textfile, for use with the Zaurus and other Linux PDAs.
It is a quick hack and uses some code of
For the conversion of other Palm data (addresses, todo list and more) see
Perl 5 is required as are the following modules. All modules may be
found on CPAN:
- Palm::Zetetic::Strip, v1.00+
- p5-Palm (Palm::PDB), required to read and parse the PDB files. Version 1.00 or greater of Palm::Zetetic::Strip is required.
- Digest::MD5, only required to decrypt Strip v0.5i databases. If you have no need to decrypt v0.5i databases, you need not install these modules.
- Digest::SHA256, only required to decrypt Strip v1.0 databases. If you have no need to decrypt v1.0 databases, you need not install these modules.
Copy the following files to the same directory where you placed the
./strip2zsafe.pl and enter your Strip password. A file called
passwords.zsf.txt will be created. Place this file in
/home/root/Documents/text/plain/ on your Zaurus and select "Import
text file" from the "File" menu within ZSafe.
The special characters ; and " will possibly break your passwordfile -
this is a bug of ZSafe. Simply delete those lines from
and insert them manually in ZSafe.
Yes please! Send ideas, bugreports and patches to <Andreas Gohr> or visit
- Dave Dribin <dave_at_dribin.org> for the Strip Perl modules Zetetic Enterprises for strip
- Carsten Schneider <CarstenSchneider_at_t-online.de> for ZSafe
- XTops.DE - Laptops+PDAs pre-installed with UniX(http://xtops.de) for their great support